Friday, December 14, 2012

Lucky=Blessed

The other night I found myself telling Eric that we are so lucky. Then I realized that what I really meant was that we are so BLESSED. I really use the two words interchangeably, but I should stop doing that. I should be using the word blessed more because blessed to me means that I realize the good things in life are coming from a loving Heavenly Father and not just happening randomly or by chance.

Life is not always easy and sometimes I don't feel quite as blessed as I should, but this quote from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf helps me put things in perspective:

"In stories, as in life, adversity teaches us things we cannot learn otherwise. Adversity helps to develop a depth of character that comes in no other way. Our loving Heavenly Father has set us in a world filled with challenges and trials so that we, through opposition, can learn wisdom, become stronger, and experience joy."

I may have momentary lapses, but hopefully I will never completely forget how truly BLESSED I am because those blessings are what bring me the most JOY!


1 comment:

AmbertheGreat said...

very true! thansk for sharing - cute picture