Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Handicap Parking

We got a handicap parking pass back in September. I had been wanting one for awhile because Easton was getting heavier and harder to haul around. Add Carter to the equation and it was just that much harder. I remember walking out of the building after picking the pass up and having a sad feeling. By picking up the parking pass I felt like I was admitting to everyone that Easton wasn't "normal". It was weird, but that is how I felt.

Eric very rarely uses the pass. Probably because it is always both of us whenever he is in the van. I use it anytime I go to a store with myself and the kids. I love it, even though I feel a little guilty using it. Easton is not in his wheelchair yet and that is kind of one of the reasons I think we should have it, but then I try to haul him around without it and I am okay again. I just found it interesting how much my feelings were/are affected by having a little hanging pass in my possession.

No comments: